Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween Feast


As an artist there are many intriguing things about Halloween. Creepy Tim Burton art, gourd dolls, the beautiful Dia de Los Muertos figurines and paper cuttings are among those. Carving Pumpkins has become an artistic competition.  But that type of art for Halloween really isn’t for me.

Being older, I do not have a child trick or treating.  I view Halloween as a time for friends to get together and…. Eat!

Halloween is a great time to invite friends over for a wonderful meal.  They can all help pass out candy to the ‘lil ones knocking on your door. This year I would like to share my menu with you all! Yes I have links to the recipes as  all of them are available online.

Snacks:
Screaming Hot Peanuts: Spicy and Tasty
Pumpkin Dip: Serve in a hollowed out pumpkin. Use graham crackers, ginger snaps, vanilla wafers and apple wedges for dipping.  A healthier sweet tooth fix.
Asparagus and Prosciutto wrapped in Phylo: Light, yummy and different.

Dinner:
I like to make dinner easy especially with all the yummy snacks and a desert.

Green Chile Stew: Hearty, yummy, a twist on the traditional. 

Serve with cornbread or tortillas. Maybe you have a cute cast iron mold for the corn bread, and some places sell orange tortillas around Halloween.

As for a salad have not decided what kind yet.  Perhaps a simple green salad, or maybe more a harvest salad or salad on a stick.  Be creative. Perhaps a coleslaw!

Dessert:
I normally do only one desert on Halloween because of all the candy.
A Chewy Chocolate Fix: Chocolately, Carmely, Yummly.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment