Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Falling into Fall


I love fall even though I don’t paint many fall scenes, my genre just doesn’t really lend itself to such depictions.  However, as an artist I do enjoy the colors of fall immensely.  When else do you see vibrant hues of yellows, oranges, reds and even purples against dark, eerie, and inky colored skies? Nature is at its best during fall. Weather is cooler and smells turn to fallen leaves and apple pie.  Here is a list of what I love about fall:

Sweater Weather – Target special, hand knit, or hand-me-down it does not matter.

Pumpkin: Pumpkin pie, pumpkin carving, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Spiced Pumpkin Seeds, Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Spray from Bath and Body Works, Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks, and Pumpkin Cookies (See recipe below).

Spooky stuff: Night of the Living Dead, Dracula, Frankenstein, Edgar Allan Poe Stories

That about covers it – Here is the recipe – super easy

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 Boxes Spice Cake Mix
1 Large can Pumpkin ( can use Pumpkin or Pumpkin Pie Filling)
1 bag Chocolate Chips
Mix
Drop tablespoons on greased Cookie Sheet
Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love the cooler fall weather too with the rainbow of colors in the leaves and sky. However, spring is my favorite time of year when the earth turns green again, and flowers begin to bloom. Thanks for the circle on G+! :)

    ReplyDelete