Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Outdoor Party Season- Part Two

Outdoor Party Season- Part Two

I'd Rather Bring a Salad

For more of my paintings visit: www.dianacummings.com
In my last post, I explained how I much rather bring a salad or side dish to an outdoor party.... So when I have the chance to say, "I would rather bring a salad, is that ok?" I hope the answer is yes....


Mustard-Dill Tortellini Salad Skewers


Mustard-Dill Tortellini Salad Skewers Recipe

Ingredients


  • Preparation
    (9-oz.) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
  • (8-oz.) package frozen sugar snap peas
  • 68 (4-inch) wooden skewers
  • pt. grape tomatoes, cut in half
  • Mustard-Dill Vinaigrette*
  1. 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Rinse under cold running water.
  2. 2. Place sugar snap peas in a small bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes. Let stand, covered, 2 minutes. Rinse under cold running water.
  3. 3. Thread each skewer with 1 sugar snap pea, 1 tortellini, and 1 tomato half. Place skewers in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour Mustard-Dill Vinaigrette over skewers, turning to coat. Cover and chill 4 hours. Transfer skewers to a serving platter; discard any remaining vinaigrette.

No comments:

Post a Comment