Wednesday, December 21, 2011

ART 365


No I am not teaching a upper college level art class. I am talking about the idea of making art every day of the year.  I am sure some of you are wondering why I would choose to write about this now during the holiday season.  Well first of all, art is who I am.  Second, start saving all those little scraps of holiday paper, ribbon, fabric and any other artsy (or not even so artsy medium.) Third, the first of the year is coming up and what a great time to start!!!!!

A friend of mine has a friend who has been doing this commitment. I call it a commitment because saying and doing something artsy every single day for a year is like a marriage (if you follow through it will be longer than that Kardashian marriage.)

The idea for this came from Noah Scalin an artist. As his publisher explains, "The concept of Noah Scalin’s "365 method" is simple but inspired: Choose a theme or medium, then make something every day for a year. Noah made 365 skull-themed projects . . . now he invites you to choose your obsession and get creative! The book offers 365 project prompts to kick start your creativity, plus plenty of room for journaling, sketching, and jotting down ideas. Learn how to choose your subject and document your work, and see examples from other artists and crafters who took the 365 challenge."

The friend I mentioned earlier - Dianna  (Yes she has two N's and I have only one.) Started her 365 project at the beginning of last year.  She has been doing wonderful artistic journal pages. The author Noah - made skulls.  It can be anything.  And by doing something artsy everyday - I bet you use up all your odds/ends and scraps.

Please check out Dianna's Blog where she shares her daily art.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Diana for featuring my blog and the 365 concept. I never thought to do a year long project until I came across Noah's book! I'm not done with my year yet, but feel that I have already learned new skills, learned about different art mediums, and have really come into my own art journal style!

    ReplyDelete